Do you cringe at the thought of smiling for selfies and group pictures? Ever find yourself covering your smile when you laugh or smiling with your mouth closed?
If you’re unhappy about the appearance of your teeth, porcelain veneers can transform your smile and life. Don’t let chipped or crooked teeth and gaps in your smile affect your confidence and happiness. Continue reading to learn more about porcelain veneers in Orlando, FL.
Porcelain veneers near you are comprised of thin ceramic coverings that are affixed to the front of each tooth. Veneers can be used to cover one single tooth or all of your teeth. This dental treatment is custom-made, which means it can offer a subtle touch-up or full makeover.
What Issues Can Porcelain Veneers Address?
Porcelain veneers can address issues that braces and other orthodontic treatment can’t. If you have more than one concern, veneers can fix issues simultaneously. Reasons for porcelain veneers include:
- To straighten slightly misaligned teeth
- To conceal small or misshapen teeth
- To correct gaps between your teeth
- To cover chips and cracks
- To whiten your teeth
Who Is a Candidate for Porcelain Veneers?
Dental veneers near you, are a permanent option. Not only can they enhance the appearance of your teeth, but they can also improve their strength and function. Candidates for porcelain veneers will demonstrate:
- Good oral health: Healthy teeth and gums.
- Sufficient tooth enamel: You must have adequate tooth enamel in order for your veneers to properly bond to your teeth.
- Good oral hygiene: You must care for your veneers the same way you would care for your real teeth.
- Moderately straight teeth: Although veneers can correct mildly crooked teeth, they are unable to address teeth that are severely misaligned or a malocclusion (a misaligned bite).
Receiving Porcelain Veneers
To determine if you’re eligible for porcelain veneers, visit a dental clinic near you. During a consultation, you and your dentist can discuss your smile goals. The procedure will take two visits to complete for a beautiful and transformed smile.