When your teeth are yellowing or there is damage that affects the way you smile and interact with others, it’s time to find a solution. Porcelain veneers restore your confidence and your smile in your everyday life. Veneers are an excellent solution for stained teeth that don’t improve after a whitening procedure. Moreover, patients with broken or chipped teeth and a diastema are usually perfect candidates for veneers.
However, porcelain veneers and their benefits are commonly unknown. A beautiful and healthy smile is within reach at the office of a dentist near you. You can increase your self-confidence and show off your smile after acquiring porcelain veneers near you.
This dental solution consists of porcelain-customized shells that cover the front of a tooth. These veneers hide tooth damage and discoloration, improving the functionality and cosmetic appearance of your teeth. A dentist in Orlando can assess your specific situation and decide if you qualify or not for veneers.
Regardless of the number of teeth that need to be addressed, the veneer process requires about three visits to the dentist’s office. The veneer process is straightforward but requires some of your time. Continue reading to learn about the process of porcelain veneers in Orlando.
- Firstly, your dentist creates an impression of the teeth in question. They will also determine the appropriate shade for your veneers.
- A specialized dental laboratory receives your teeth mold. They will produce the porcelain veneers desired in roughly four weeks.
- In the meantime, your dentist can place temporary covers over your teeth while the final ones are in production.
- Once back in the dental office, your next appointment will imply placing the shells over your teeth to check that they fit and look well.
- After size and shape approval, the teeth receive cleaning and polishing treatments.
- Natural teeth receive etching to texturize and prepare the surface for bonding. In this process, the dentist removes a slight amount of front and side enamel. This process creates room for the veneers, giving them a natural appearance.
- Next, veneers are bonded to the original teeth, using a special resin to hold the covers in their place long-term. The cement or resin solidifies through an ultraviolet curing process.
- The final adjustments and touches to the personalized porcelain covers take place at another appointment. Teeth cleaning removes cement or excess resin from the surrounding area.
- A new fresh and radiant smile is now ready to show off.
Veneers Are a Solution for Different Budgets
Since dental veneers are a cosmetic-related procedure, you might think this option is unaffordable. Nevertheless, the cost of these covers can vary substantially depending on various factors. The simplest veneers are direct or composite veneers and are more affordable. A dentist places these coatings in a single visit.
On the other hand, porcelain veneers are custom-made and need multiple appointments to place, which attribute to higher costs. However, they last longer than composite veneers. Moreover, porcelain veneers have significant features that transform them into a better investment. To start, porcelain veneers are stain-resistant, turning them into a more durable option. They also have the translucent properties that catch the light, just like a natural tooth, delivering a more realistic appearance.
However, porcelain veneers are an irreversible solution. It can be troublesome if you are unhappy after placement. The best way to determine if a porcelain veneer is a suitable option for you is to speak about your goals and needs with a dentist near you. If you qualify for these shells, you will soon have the ability to show off a breathtaking smile.