Teeth Cleaning in Orlando
Are you interested in dental cleaning near you? Don’t wait until dental issues arise to visit your dentist. You should visit your dentist biannually for a dental exam and cleaning. Dental cleanings are a necessary aspect of good oral hygiene. Taking this preventive measure will reduce your risk of developing cavities, periodontal disease, and other serious dental issues.
What Happens During Your Dental Cleaning?
A dental cleaning is a straightforward process. You can expect the following:
1. Digital X-rays: Your dentist will begin by conducting digital x-rays of your mouth for more insight into the condition of your teeth and gums. Your dentist will use these x-rays to detect the following dental-health concerns:
Red or swollen gums
Digital X-rays allow your dentist to examine your bones and teeth in areas that are not visible to the human eye.
2. Gum evaluation: Your dentist will evaluate your gums and the tissue that surrounds the teeth. They will search for periodontal disease, gum disease, gingivitis, and other related conditions.
3. Teeth examination: Your dentist will carefully examine your teeth to determine if you have decay or damage. If decay is detected, you will be required to schedule an additional appointment for proper removal and teeth restoration.
4. Oral cancer screening: Your dentist will conduct a full head and neck examination to identify any tissue changes. In addition to examining your head and neck, your dentist will also check your face and gums for oral cancer. If your dentist detects lesions or tumors they will refer you to a specialist.
5. Your dental cleaning: Once your x-rays have been taken, your dental hygienist will begin to clean your teeth. During this time, your teeth will be brushed, flossed, polished and a fluoride treatment is administered. Your dental hygienist will use specific tools designed to remove plaque and buildup on your teeth that brushing and flossing cannot effectively remove.
Are you interested in teeth cleaning in Orlando? Contact our dental office today to schedule your appointment for teeth cleaning near you. Our dentist would be happy to help you for teeth cleaning near you.
Your dental hygienist will begin by removing tartar from the surfaces of your teeth. When tartar becomes hardened it is difficult to remove and will require professional care.
Next, they will remove plaque that has accumulated on the surfaces of your teeth over time. This is necessary in order to eliminate all forms of debris in your mouth. When you have debris in your mouth it can cause gum inflammation which leads to periodontal disease.
Once your dental hygienist has removed tartar and plaque they will begin polishing your teeth. This is an essential step during your dental cleaning because it removes any remaining plaque and debris even after proper cleaning.
A topical fluoride will be applied to your teeth if necessary. Fluoride application remineralizes your teeth and strengthens them so that they become resistant to decay and less prone to sensitivity.
Visit Your Dentist Today!
Don’t let your fear hold you back from a clean and healthy smile. If you feel nervous about receiving dental cleaning, it is important to express this to your dentist. He or she will reassure you that dental cleanings are a regular part of practicing good oral hygiene.